About the Program
NM Student Connect can help you and your family get broadband connectivity and devices. We are working to make the process as easy as possible for students who choose to participate.
The NM Student Connect Help Desk can help eligible students’ households sign up for a new federal program that pays for connectivity for low-income families, the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program, previously known as the “Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program.”
Affordable Connectivity Program enrollment opens on December 31, 2021.
Two Steps to Enroll:
- Go to ACPBenefit.org to submit an application or print out a mail-in application; and
- Contact your preferred participating internet service provider to select a plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
The Affordable Connectivity Program provides a discount of:
- Up to $30 per month toward broadband service for eligible households
- Up to $75 per month for eligible households located on Tribal lands.
- Up to $100 (one-time) to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one discounted monthly service plan per household. This valuable subsidy helps close the Homework Gap for eligible households in New Mexico.
Find local internet service providers that are participating in program by searching the ISP map.
Call the NM Student Connect Help Desk (toll-free) at
1-888-723-4505 and let us help you navigate that process.